The Future of Communities
Power to the People Conference
Innovative ways to create vibrant communities led by active, caring and engaged citizens – Australia’s only national community engagement conference held every year in Melbourne.
- A Conference to discuss communities transitioning ‘beyond engagement, beyond dependency’
- A tsunami of change is coming: the vision of ‘independent, self-governing communities’ may be closer than we think
- Global trend towards community empowerment with a new emphasis on localism
- Great communities don’t just happen: they are created, nurtured and sustained by caring and involved residents
- Devolved community planning, community governance, building social capital, improving community well-being and providing public value is the future of local government
- Fewer dollars for local government means a greater focus on what’s important to communities
- Gala Dinner with guest speaker
- A selection of learning workshops to choose from
- Great speakers and Q&A Panels.