- Pinjarra - Mandurah Heritage Journey
October 28, 2020
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Meeting Place: TBA
Date: Wednesday 28th October, 2020.
Time: 8am – 1pm
Cost: $77 (including GST)
Join us for a wonderful local cultural experience, seeing these two communities through the stories and wisdom of George Walley, respected Noongar storyteller and operator of Mandjoogoordap Dreaming Tours
This five hour tour will begin and end in Mandurah, and will incorporate the following:
– Visit to the Pinjarra Massacre (1834) Memorial Park – 28 October happens to be the anniversary of the massacre.
– Conversations over morning tea at Pinjarra Bakery.
– Visit to ancient fish trap sites.
– Visit to Yaburgurt Kaaleepga – Winjars Camp.
– Visit and interpretation of the Yaburgurt Public Art Works.
– Many stories about Noongar homeland and opportunities for conversations and questions.
‘Mandjoogoordap’ is the First People’s name for Mandurah. ‘ Mandjoo’ means ‘meeting place’ and ‘goordap’ means ‘of the heart’.
Further information contact:
Phone: (08) 6293 1848